Mazda MX5 Forum banner
12741 - 12760 of 12789 Posts

·
Spending the kid's inheritance .............
38,212 Posts
Only 3 cars at the moment but the greatest number I had at any one time was 5 made up of two MG's and three assorted Mini Coopers.

·
Token Yank
22,633 Posts
Not that long ago, I owned a Toyota Tacoma, Ford Edge, MGB, Land Rover, Pontiac Bonnyville, and a NA Mazda MX5. That was probably the most that I have owned at one time.

·
Premium Member
9,750 Posts
do you get people saying what do you need two bikes for as you can only ride one at once put not about have more then one car :unsure:
Oh yes......Usually the wife!.... 😂

·
Premium Member
2015 Mk4 (ND) 1.5 SEL NAV Ceramic Metallic
17,024 Posts
Nice capture, David :)

Reactions: David

·
Premium Member
17,024 Posts
went for a ride round today and not a mx5 too be seen any were so where are thy
I reckon they must have heard you were on the road, Rich lol!! 🤣

I hope you enjoyed the fine weather, mate 👍

Warmer this week too 🌞

Reactions: Garffey and rimx5ch

·
Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,530 Posts
Spotted a lonely MX5 hiding in a corner at Buntingford Classic Show today

View attachment 74784
As Martin has said, not just any NC either, what I would probably term as a proper LE/SE if only for the trim and gold mica paint. I'd have loved to have got my mitts on one of them and GM'd itbut then it would be a RM or some suitable title. Oooooof.

Reactions: Qu1ckn1ck and Kev5

·
Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,530 Posts
Today, or more specifically post F1 GP at Zandfoort, I took off the Racing Beat back box from the GM and went with the more subdued BBR Touring back box. Not that he RB was crazy noisy in the car but with the charger was quite loud on the outside, also it takes me back to a fully matched system from manifold to farty end.

Obviously these jobs now leave me in considerable pain for a couple of days but it turned out easier than I thought apart from having a rather heavy back box slip it's mounts and thump me square on the LHS of my head - now that hurt!

Still got the tail pipes and hangers to sort out, the NC hangers are two different sizes diametrically opposed and the old ones at 10 years old need replacing MX5 Parts can bog off though at over £40 for OEM hangers, that is taking a liberty however you look at it. I know our local exhaust chain will give you a couple of hangers FOC but I'm not so much of an ar*e or cheapskate that I'd go a-begging. got four decent quality hangers on order delivered for £20. Still expensive for bloody hangers but such is our current situation wit purchases of all sorts, when you can get them of course.

Story for another time but I have a mate that used to drive HGVs delivering to supermarkets and the likes. It's .... interesting.

·
Premium Member
17,024 Posts
Fab set of photos, Nick - many thanks for posting 😃

Reactions: Qu1ckn1ck
12741 - 12760 of 12789 Posts