Mazda MX5 Forum banner
12821 - 12840 of 12843 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,917 Posts
As the Vitaras M.O.T is due early December, and as the weather was fine and sunny, thought I'd start by giving it a good old wash and Vac (Yep, it was filthy!...:eek:).
Then checked and topped up the oil and washer fluids....

Even found a tin of cat food under the passenger seat!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Can only think this belongs to a friend who borrowed the car for a few days while hers was fixed!

·
Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,610 Posts
As the Vitaras M.O.T is due early December, and as the weather was fine and sunny, thought I'd start by giving it a good old wash and Vac (Yep, it was filthy!...:eek:).
Then checked and topped up the oil and washer fluids....

Even found a tin of cat food under the passenger seat!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Can only think this belongs to a friend who borrowed the car for a few days while hers was fixed!
LOL, GM is booked in for the test next Thursday and is filthy, not been washed since before our N. Yorks break.
I have to make a confession though, because of various old and new health issues I have a local valeting company coming to give the car the once over, just a wash, dry and interior clean. Normally I would do it myself of course but I'm just not up to it. I've developed a condition that has ulcerated inside my entire mouth and is also destroying my fingernails, soaking my hands in water just gets messy.
Asked them a crucial question before booking them "how do you dry the car? " the reply was with a warm air blower so the paint isn't touched when drying - correct answer.
Just don't like presenting a dirty car for an MOT, wrong signals I feel.

·
9,610 Posts
GM was in for it's MOT test yesterday.
Mortified I wasas it got a FAIL!!!
Different tester this year and picked up on the front number plate. The spacing between the letters, top to bottom on the square plate were too close, they need a min space of 19 mm. (Same plate since forever but different testers, different views sometimes) Good lad though, I questioned it and he took me to his office and showed me the regs. He then had a plate made up, cable tied it on to pass it. Although it shows a fail, no retest fee, take the new plate off when I get home and just pop it on for the next test. Other than that he was very impressed with the car.
Wondered how many supercharged NCs Mazda built. Always a complement I feel as it must look like a factory installation. He even got how to ensure an emmisions test was a good one. On fast idle CO 0.5%, HC 25 ppm.
Natural idle test CO 0.19.
As he said, yup, sports cat, get them hot and their good. Considering that's the only cat figures are brilliant. Guess all is good in that cracking MZR engine.

·
9,610 Posts
Great news Steve !
Pity about the number plate being spotted this time though.
Will definitely be double checking though, plate carries all the relevant legal markings. His concern was that APNR would not pick it up, I was able to assure him it does. Still, the guy's only doing his job. Can only but imagine how many "personal" plates he's failed and not every one will accept his judgement as calmly as I did 😂😂😂 I honestly giggle at so many "pe73on8l" plate fails. 😁

·
Premium Member
9,917 Posts
Returned from a couple of days in North Yorkshire again (didn't miss me did ya!.... :unsure: ...lol)....
Wifey insisted we call via the creamery in Wenslydale so we could stock up for Xmas!
Cloud Sky Building Infrastructure Road surface
Sky Plant Cloud Building Tree
Wheel Tire Car Sky Land vehicle
Water Plant Leaf Bedrock Fluvial landforms of streams

We fed the ducks before we left.....and had a brief pause in Buckden for a toilet break!
Weather was lovely dry and sunny....Unlike at home!!

·
Premium Member
9,917 Posts
Fitted some LED reversing light bulbs to the CX-3, as one was a little errant, and worked when it wanted....
And they are much brighter too!

·
Premium Member
9,917 Posts
That's good to know I could do with a brighter reversing light.
These are the ones I bought for the CX....yes, more expensive than the standard bulbs but hopefully more reliable and of course brighter!

Reactions: Monkeypin

·
Premium Member
9,917 Posts
Dropped off the Vitara at 8.00am for its M.O.T....now just awaiting the result!... 🤞

Reactions: Ali5 and bill119

·
Premium Member
9,917 Posts
Good Luck !
Thanks Nick... not heard anything yet, but my mate said he was crazy busy again, and the on-line m.o.t status hasn't changed...
So am thinking no news is good news!...

12821 - 12840 of 12843 Posts