Mazda MX5 Forum banner
12841 - 12860 of 12878 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,009 Posts
Thanks Nick... not heard anything yet, but my mate said he was crazy busy again, and the on-line m.o.t status hasn't changed...
So am thinking no news is good news!...
Didn't get the Vitara back until mid afternoon as not only the garage, but M.O.T place very busy...
A quite simple pass, (y) as apart from a few service bits I haven't done anything to the car for a while.
Got 1 advisory for a slight exhaust leak....so we'll see how that's holding up in 12 months!

·
Spending the kid's inheritance .............
39,421 Posts
Didn't get the Vitara back until mid afternoon as not only the garage, but M.O.T place very busy...
A quite simple pass, (y) as apart from a few service bits I haven't done anything to the car for a while.
Got 1 advisory for a slight exhaust leak....so we'll see how that's holding up in 12 months!
Great news Chris !

·
Advanced Member
2005 Arctic 1.8 ltr
14,557 Posts
Today is the first time that the roads have been dry since I had the Mazda waxoyled way back at the beginning of October so I took it out for a run over the tops and I noticed in the sunshine that it was covered in a thin film of overspray so when I got back I gave it a good clean and put the dust covers on until the next dry day whenever that will be plus it was the first time that I've been for a drive in it since I topped the tank up with E10 fuel when the fuel crisis was on and I didn't notice any difference in performance but it's only 25% E10, I need to use some fuel so I can fill up with proper stuff.

·
Premium Member
10,009 Posts
Did the food shopping with the wife for the first time in years, as daughter not feeling too good....😱😱

·
Premium Member
2015 Mk4 (ND) 1.5 SEL NAV Ceramic Metallic
17,347 Posts
Did the food shopping with the wife for the first time in years, as daughter not feeling too good....😱😱
Mate...shopping with the wife frees the mind and nourishes the soul! (I think...🤔)

By the way, I hope your daughter feels better soon 🙂

• Wow
Reactions: Garffey

·
Registered
364 Posts
MOT last Thursday. Failed on a couple of tyres. Just had a couple of cheap ones put on it to get it through. Next year I need to have a good think about what to do with her. Will require a lot of welding so I think it'll be lots of quotes to collect on the work needed - finally all those advisories to seriously be looked at after all these years. I really don't want to part with it but it may well be my only option :(

Sent from my HTC U Play using Tapatalk

·
Spending the kid's inheritance .............
39,421 Posts
MOT last Thursday. Failed on a couple of tyres. Just had a couple of cheap ones put on it to get it through. Next year I need to have a good think about what to do with her. Will require a lot of welding so I think it'll be lots of quotes to collect on the work needed - finally all those advisories to seriously be looked at after all these years. I really don't want to part with it but it may well be my only option :(

Hope that you can find a reasonable restorer to provide a sympathetic quote for restoring her to full health, Tracy (y)

·
Premium Member
10,009 Posts
Mate...shopping with the wife frees the mind and nourishes the soul! (I think...🤔)

By the way, I hope your daughter feels better soon 🙂
Have to say Kev it was an 'eye opener'... :oops:....Wifey complained that she spent £20 more than she normally does!....LOL....and couldn't get me away when we got to 'Middle of Lidl'.....:ROFLMAO:
Daughter says she feels a bit better, but is just a bit 'achy'.....

·
Premium Member
10,009 Posts
Hope your daughter feels better very soon Chris x
Thanks Pat... she feels almost 90% today, she's only really felt bad since early Friday through Saturday, so no real problem.
Guess am barred from future shopping trips though! :ROFLMAO:

Good!!!!!!!!!!......

·
Unicorn finder
11,605 Posts
Thanks Pat... she feels almost 90% today, she's only really felt bad since early Friday through Saturday, so no real problem.
Guess am barred from future shopping trips though! :ROFLMAO:

Good!!!!!!!!!!......
I’m glad she’s up to 90% and hope the other 10% follows along quickly.

You have to live the middle aisle of Lidl, it’s just so random!

·
Premium Member
10,009 Posts
Hope that you can find a reasonable restorer to provide a sympathetic quote for restoring her to full health, Tracy (y)
Ditto Tracy....Hope you can get it sorted reasonably. :unsure:

Reactions: TracyB

·
Away with the fairies
41,509 Posts

Oh no, i know how you feel Tracey

we are debating what to do with Flo next year as she has a lot of tin worm appearing

Her MOT is due next Feb

·
Having fun topdown in my MX5
11,626 Posts
we are debating what to do with Flo next year as she has a lot of tin worm appearing

Her MOT is due next Feb
You must save her!

The way that I look at it is that a rusty MX5 that has failed its MOT is never going to be worth very much money. Quite possibly, if you get all the rust properly repaired then you will be spending more than the car is worth.

If you plan on keeping Flo for a few more years, then you will get your money‘s worth from spending out on the repair work. If you decide to buy a new MX5 to replace Flo then undoubtedly you would end up spending more on the new one than the cost of the repair work on Flo. The new MX5 will then probably also rust in time, and you will be going back around the same circle but having spent more on buying a new car in the first place.

If your intention is to sell Flo in the next year or two, and move away from MX5 ownership, then it may not make sense to get the rust properly repaired, in which case I guess you put her in for the MOT, hope that she passes, but if not then you get a “patch up“ job done to get her through the MOT, knowing that it will not be a long-term repair, but will see you out in terms of ownership. This is on the basis that a MX5 with a new MOT is always going to be worth rather more than one that is a rusty MOT failure, and so the cost of any patch up work to get a new MOT should be more than reflected in the value of Flo.

·
Away with the fairies
41,509 Posts
You must save her!

The way that I look at it is that a rusty MX5 that has failed its MOT is never going to be worth very much money. Quite possibly, if you get all the rust properly repaired then you will be spending more than the car is worth.

If you plan on keeping Flo for a few more years, then you will get your money‘s worth from spending out on the repair work. If you decide to buy a new MX5 to replace Flo then undoubtedly you would end up spending more on the new one than the cost of the repair work on Flo. The new MX5 will then probably also rust in time, and you will be going back around the same circle but having spent more on buying a new car in the first place.

If your intention is to sell Flo in the next year or two, and move away from MX5 ownership, then it may not make sense to get the rust properly repaired, in which case I guess you put her in for the MOT, hope that she passes, but if not then you get a “patch up“ job done to get her through the MOT, knowing that it will not be a long-term repair, but will see you out in terms of ownership. This is on the basis that a MX5 with a new MOT is always going to be worth rather more than one that is a rusty MOT failure, and so the cost of any patch up work to get a new MOT should be more than reflected in the value of Flo.
Many thanks for your great advice Mark (y)

12841 - 12860 of 12878 Posts