Mazda MX5 Forum banner
12901 - 12920 of 12953 Posts

·
Aedificantium in viridi Apparatus
9,738 Posts
Be very careful showing your clean bottoms, I'm tempted (so, so tempted) to post an image of my 61 year old clean bottom.

·
9,738 Posts
.. are You the guy that broke the photocopier at the Office Christmas Party ? :ROFLMAO:
Truly Nick, I don't think you want to hear my honest answer to that question 😂😂😂😂

·
Having fun topdown in my MX5
11,678 Posts
First MOT for my RF today - it passed as it should, given it is 3 years old and only has 13,000 on the clock, but you never know given the build quality of Mazdas in recent years

·
9,738 Posts
Good that you got a pass for sure. That said, Mazda build quality has been questionable for a fair 20 years now. Would never buy another now. Got some spares for the suspension rebuild this week, half jokingly said to Jackie, "better paint these up soon or they'll be rusted out by the weekend.
As said, half joking only.

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
With a couple of hours to spare and the sun out, thought I'd make a start on changing the front disc pads on the CX-3, (mentioned last year at service).
I got one of the wheels off, and while the pads aren't fully worn out the discs are quite badly 'lipped'....😕

So with wheel back on it was time to go shopping again.....(Ouch that hurts!!)...Found some coated Mintex ones at £68 so put them on watch.
I came home after the football, a bit down after a 0-3 loss but got a seller offer of £64.40, so I'll have some of that!! 😉

I then checked my E-mails and have one saying I'd won £30 on the lottery!.....🤑....

Woo-Hoo!...Lol

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
Spent a couple of hours cleaning the Vitara, did everything inside and out even down to the black trim...looks lovely now!
Had a quick wipe over of the ND with the 'Moonshine quick detailer', so for the first time in ages I've two shiny cars!
Then I took the little Superfour for a first proper run out since fitting the new carbs....starts/runs like a good un' now!

Time for a drink methinks!! ....

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,676 Posts
What rotten ol' wheels, David, all curbed and bashed about !! 😂🤣

Actually, they are so spotlessly clean it looks like a scale model.

You must be loath to take it out on our dreadfully rutted roads.

In all seriousness, the condition of your car is a credit to you.

·
Advanced Member
2005 Arctic 1.8 ltr
15,735 Posts
Went for a run in the Mazda for the first time since it was MoTd in October just got to the open country side when it cut out, dead as a DoDo so pulled over to the side of the road and switched off and on again, all the lights on ok except the engine warning light was on, turned the key and as luck has it it started so I turned round and came straight back home. On the way I called in at my local garage and they plugged their machine in and said it was the Crankshaft position sensor but they don't know if it's faulty or just gave a false reading because the car has been stood for a long time so they cancelled the warning light and said to use it and see how it goes, trouble is I've lost confidence in it. He didn't know where the sensor was or I would have checked the connection.

·
9,738 Posts
Link to You tube video Bill, 2001 model, would imagine it's location will be the same across all mk1-2.5s though.

·
Advanced Member
2005 Arctic 1.8 ltr
15,735 Posts
Trust mine to be different, I've just checked and it's on the opposite side where it's harder to see but I've jiggled the connections so I'll just have to see how it goes. I'll be taking short local journies for a while till I get my confidence, back .

·
9,738 Posts
Trust mine to be different, I've just checked and it's on the opposite side where it's harder to see but I've jiggled the connections so I'll just have to see how it goes. I'll be taking short local journies for a while till I get my confidence, back .
Story of my life Bill, if something can come along and cock a job up for me or make life harder then it will. At least you can see it now, worst case scenario is a new one at around £25, fitting it is hopefully a relatively easy DIY job.

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,676 Posts
12901 - 12920 of 12953 Posts