Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,676 Posts
That's a preeeeetty car, David! :love:

Reactions: David

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
As the weather is much better than late, (and work doesn't start till 13.50) I decided to fit the new reversing camera to the Vitara, as the old one had managed to fill with moisture after the last few days of bad weather....Just a quick 20 minute job, all done.
Grille Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
I could do with a camera on the back of my MX5 as my parking area is a bit small and I've got a bit too close to a low wall in the past.
View attachment 75329

Turned out to be a no-brainer for me...Paid £23 for the camera (already have an android system fitted in the car) then they gave me a £20 Amazon voucher for telling them how it worked!... :love:

Reactions: Mark

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
Decided to take the 'Superfour' for a little run out......Then broke down!!! 😳
Fortunately it wasn't too far from home, after a 15 minute rest the bike started and did about 500 yards and stopped again (battery keeps going flat)
Mrs G came out in the car so I could put the bike gear in it, takes some pushing with all the gear on!....
I just had one slight uphill push before most of the hills back being downhill!....A kind gent in a BMW (who also rides a bike) stopped and helped push 👍
Then I managed to get it running long enough to do the last hill home!.....And coasted down the road to home...

Yes, I've forgot to put the Swinton Insurance breakdown number in my phone....I'll rectify that once I've got my breath back!.....LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
As the weather was pleasant this aft I dug the errant Superfour out from under it's blanket to have a look at the no charging issue.....Only showing 12.20 volts when revving the engine!
As one of the jobs I did when I first got it was to change a 'bodged' rectifier plug....I've done this numerous times previously with no issue, but in the rush went the 'crimp connector' way.....
Hmmm....wasn't a good idea this time it seems, as under the insulating tape I found this!
So, now all stripped back and soldered joints all round, and hoping the rectifier didn't get cooked too! 🤞

Blue Hood Textile Motor vehicle Thigh

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
Re fitted the rectifier on the Superfour....
Now up and running and showing a healthy 14.5 volts above 3000rpm.
Below is a picture of the 'bodged' connector I replaced (which embarrassingly held up better than my more permanent repair!... 😳)
This time I've given more room to the connections and reinforced the earth and positive with some plastic tubing.
plenty time over bank holiday now to have a trip out.... 👍

Toy Vehicle Rectangle Wood Electric blue

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
Not today, but while having a little 'run-out' to the east coast on Sunday.....
I was heading to Bridlington from Filey, when we came to the dual carriageway bypass for Reighton sands....I was just passing yet another great big ugly Kia, when I heard the sound of an angry V8 behind me (A black 5.0 Mustang)....so I pulled over left to let them past, only to hear the Distinct growl of a Ducati too.
I thought the Mustang was chasing me till I saw the bike....they were obviously having their own private duel!!
A stretch of road notorious for a mobile speed camera unit!!!!!!!!!!
As they reached the top of the dual carriageway I'd estimate they were at about 125/130mph!!....with the bike slightly in front.
Some 10 minutes later I was behind the mustang at a roundabout with the bike nowhere to be seen.
I also saw the Mustang on another three occasions just touring around Bridlington with the active exhaust on (yawn) just so everyone could hear him....also noticed he had a lady with him in the passenger seat, and it had me wondering why he should do such a thing?

Perhaps I'm getting old..... 🤔

·
Premium Member
Skodaboy
17,676 Posts
Not today, but while having a little 'run-out' to the east coast on Sunday.....
I was heading to Bridlington from Filey, when we came to the dual carriageway bypass for Reighton sands....I was just passing yet another great big ugly Kia, when I heard the sound of an angry V8 behind me (A black 5.0 Mustang)....so I pulled over left to let them past, only to hear the Distinct growl of a Ducati too.
I thought the Mustang was chasing me till I saw the bike....they were obviously having their own private duel!!
A stretch of road notorious for a mobile speed camera unit!!!!!!!!!!
As they reached the top of the dual carriageway I'd estimate they were at about 125/130mph!!....with the bike slightly in front.
Some 10 minutes later I was behind the mustang at a roundabout with the bike nowhere to be seen.
I also saw the Mustang on another three occasions just touring around Bridlington with the active exhaust on (yawn) just so everyone could hear him....also noticed he had a lady with him in the passenger seat, and it had me wondering why he should do such a thing?

Perhaps I'm getting old..... 🤔
Ha! Ha! Join the (old peoples) club, Chris.

I have turned completely since passing 60 (nine years ago!)

I would NEVER have believed that I'd be campaigning for speed humps outside my house!!!

I've lived here in this quiet, pleasant, residential area for just over two years, but the road at the front is long and straight...

...exactly what the local yobs, in their slammed, stanced and matt-blacked, 30 year-old, 50 quid BMW scrappers, use for their perilous speed trials! One or two of them have exhaust pipes large enough to send a small boy up to sweep the soot out!! (and with the ECU 'chipping' and over-fuelling, there will be plenty of soot!!) More soot than brain cells, no question!!
So there you have it, Chris -- we have become a couple of miserable old tartars -- a far cry from 50 years ago, when the worst thing we ever did was save up our shillings for a PECO BIG BORE back box and upset our neighbours at every early morning start (if it started!!) 😇

fiestaturbo.com • Big Bore 4 : Parts For Sale

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
Ha! Ha! Join the (old peoples) club, Chris.

I have turned completely since passing 60 (nine years ago!)

I would NEVER have believed that I'd be campaigning for speed humps outside my house!!!

I've lived here in this quiet, pleasant, residential area for just over two years, but the road at the front is long and straight...

...exactly what the local yobs, in their slammed, stanced and matt-blacked, 30 year-old, 50 quid BMW scrappers, use for their perilous speed trials! One or two of them have exhaust pipes large enough to send a small boy up to sweep the soot out!! (and with the ECU 'chipping' and over-fuelling, there will be plenty of soot!!) More soot than brain cells, no question!!
So there you have it, Chris -- we have become a couple of miserable old tartars -- a far cry from 50 years ago, when the worst thing we ever did was save up our shillings for a PECO BIG BORE back box and upset our neighbours at every early morning start (if it started!!) 😇

fiestaturbo.com • Big Bore 4 : Parts For Sale
Thanks for this Kev....Glad it's just my age and I should accept it!...:unsure: 😄

As for the Peco 'big bore' exhaust....Back in the annals of time I had one on my Reliant Robin (no...am NOT kidding) 😳😳....
I probably shouldn't have said that out loud!...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

12921 - 12940 of 12953 Posts