Mazda MX5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
On Tour
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....or Storm goes to Bucks. :)
or.... i spend bucks in Bucks. :p

MX5s are sensitive to handling. They are the best car to align precisely. Only Ferraris can compare - seriously!
So it was that in having springs fitted that would lower my wee motor i needed to have the alignmet re-done.
Sort the toe, the castor and the camber.
WiM is in Buckinghamshire near High Wycombe and i had wisely ::cough splutter:: decided on an early appointment.
09.00 ~ the first of the day! - :eek:

I was up at silly o'clock - half past four. Quick ablutiions. Cup of coffee and a banana
Exit home just after 0500
The Outbound Route(start from Leominster tho' home is 30minutes away)
Leominster >>>>A44>>> Worcester
Worcester >>>>>B4084 >>> Pershore >>> Evesham B4035 thro' and out the other side >>> Bretforton >>> Chipping Camden >>> Shipston On Stour >>> Brailes >>>> Banbury (to the Cross) >>> M40 j.11 >>> southbound j.4 High Wycombe >>> A404 thro the town >>> Amersham [arr. 08.10 Latte n croissant in Costa's TESCO] >>>dept 08.35 >>>A416 Chesham.
WiM is off the very first roundabout.
Being a little early i loitered in Chesham spotting a very nice yellow TVR Chimera
By 0900, Storm was up in the air with Peter working on her.

(looking a bit... well... filthy.... :oops:)

before figures ^^^

rear during ^^^

front during ^^^

MK3 underside

Spot on rears ¬

Spot on front ¬

the final pretty picture ¬

the wheels/tyres are exaggerated in the computer-generated view so panic not ;)

Peter warned me how different she would feel especially the precision steering. He said that a good many owners had exited WiM and nearly come-a-croppa on the nearby roundabout as they hadn't acclimatised to the new settings.
I was gone by about 09.50 and bore his warning in mind. He was absolutely right and i had a few extras giggles and woohoos even at lower speeds :D

The Inbound Route: at the aforementioned roundabout i went straightover rather than return south toward High Wycombe and followed the B485(unusual... only 3 numbers) toward Great Missenden and the A413 >>> north a few miles to LEFT turn on Dunsmore Lane >>> cut across country via Butler's Cross to Great & Little Kimble >>> south on A4010 200metres >>> right by Bernard Arms pub to cross to B4009. Turn south for Longwick >>> right onto A4129 >>> Thame(by-pass) >>> B4011 north for A41 via loads of MOD sites (i was thinking of Ali at this point ;)) onto A41>>> Bicester and on to join M40 at j 9.
After that i returned home the same way i had come.
The most frustrating part of the journey was A44 Worcs >>> Bromyard >>> Leominster
Not sure what time i got in but posted almost immediately online. About 13.15

WiM <<linky

·
2,584 Posts
I remember those words, about taking it easy and getting used to it when leaving the unit. It is, very much like wearing new shoes.
The experience is worth every penny and still is to this day! :)
So, you're impressed then Jo?

·
On Tour
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
... just a smidge.... ;)

wooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Jo, can i ask what price?

·
On Tour
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
£114 for purely the alignment as eibachs already fitted and no issue with needing to sort bushes

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
I'm gonna have to get mine done/sorted soon, on the last spirited run it was skipping about a bit and because i've not had it geo'd i dont know how good or bad it is. It could be :) or it could be :hot: only one way to find out.

·
On Tour
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've heard the peeps in Oldham ain't quite as hot as i'd heard before so people are now not even going there (names escpaes me, sorry)

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
There's a place in Bolton (as you name escapes me) only 6mls away, Alan had his done there so i'll chat to him and if he's happy with it i may just book it in. WIM's a little far for me.
Nigel Lang, just came to me.

·
On Tour
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's it... PETER something.... but read recently some very negative stuff but can't recall where

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Think i need to get mine done. But think i'm going to go more local though, as i know what settings i want for my 5.:thumbsup:

·
On Tour
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You need to sit over them and make sure they get that arrow pointing centrally - then no worries, Jumpstar :)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I know the people who are going to do it and the set up some race cars as well.

Going to cost me £50

Reactions: Jot

·
Having fun topdown in my MX5
11,562 Posts
I know the people who are going to do it and the set up some race cars as well.

Going to cost me £50
Where are you taking yours - I may take my Mark 2 somewhere local once I have got new tyres - there is a place I have heard about near Junction 9 of the M5

1 - 15 of 15 Posts